Friday, August 21, 2009

Reimagining your space (part II)

I am pleased to report that the small space that started as a closet and storage area has been transformed into an office. And the bedroom that was once part office is now bedroom through and through.

The really good news is that both spaces are working out better than I could have imagined. The office is a much more functional work area because everything I need is within arm’s reach -- the unintended benefit of a petite space! -- and better organized because things have real homes rather than “make do” homes. Because I can’t see the lights of the wireless network and hear the hum of the printer, the bedroom no longer reverberates with the energy of my work day. Without a doubt, the clear separation of office and bedroom has made for more restful nights and productive days.

A clockwise tour of the office:





Eventually I'll do something decorative with this big blank wall but right now I just like to marvel that there used to be a free-standing clothing rack right in that very spot:



What's behind the curtain you saw in the edge of the last photo, you ask? Why, it's massive amounts of storage! All hidden by a just-perfect curtain constructed by my very handy mother.



Last but not least, the desk-less bedroom:

1 comment: